Powered – Tractor – Pickup – UTV Salt Spreader PDS354D
The Logic PDS (power drive spreader) Salt Spreader range has all the same design features and benefits as the GDS range but with additional features as follows:
An onboard 5.5hp petrol engine – this unit drives the rolling floor and gear box to the spreader disc.
An option of either a (high-speed) braked, fully suspended trailer unit or de-mount unit to fit into 4×4 pick-ups, flat bed transits, trailer, etc. These two options allow high speed travelling between sites (up to 60mph – normal road speeds), so are ideal for contractor use or for use by organisations who need to cover multiple sites in one gritting or salt spreading session.
Either unit has a 585 litres capacity (675-750kg depending on moisure content) of road/rock salt. It is very quick to deploy at the first signs of bad weather and for winter gritting jobs it dramatically reduces the time needed to complete the task, when compared to the manual alternative of spreading salt or grit using shovels.
- 585 litre hopper capacity
- Unique agitation system
- Floor conveyor system
5.5hp Honda engine
- 1.5-14m spread width (dependent on engine speed and pulley selection)
- Can cast salt to left or right
- Easy to adjust sluice gate regulates flow
- Strong construction – built to last
- Stainless Steel hopper and peripherals
- Handles rock salt even when wet